View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009   #29
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: McShay's First Mock

I love Earl Thomas but I don't know if I can go FS that early. I would probably go Jimmy Clausen to be honest based on what is available to the Texans and where the value is.

I know it sounds crazy at first glance, but he is a talented and cerebral QB that has excellent accuracy and has proven he can burn the blitz. In today's league those are what you need. He would be a steal that late in the draft and would be a good fit if Kubiak keeps his job. He could sit behind Schaub and be our insurance policy in case Schaub gets hurt. It would also give us flexibility and a better bargaining position when its time to re-sign Schaub.

That being said, Clausen isn't going to be there that late in the draft. He is going to start moving up draft boards and could easily be Top5 once the smoke clears. St.Louis, Cleveland, Washington, Carolina, Seattle, San Francisco, and even Jacksonville (Tebow) need new blood at QB. Clausen has a good pedigree and ran a pro style offense in college. he will be very coveted by many front offices and many fanbases.

I also think Jermaine Gresham makes sense if they decide to not reup or RFA Owen Daniels coming off his injury and Spiller is enticing but maybe too early for a Smithiak selection of a Running Back. I like Mays a lot but we already have Pollard as our flexible SS as long as we can retain his services.

The need at FS is pretty obvious though so McShay's selection makes sense, I just think we could add a guy like Robert Johnson out of Utah in the 3rd Round or perhaps even later. Anyways, we all know Earl Thomas isn't going to be taken by Kubiak. Earl Thomas is an UT product and it ain't happening. :wink:

Would love for the Texans to go meat and potatoes but we no one really peeks my interest at that point in the draft.

As long as we address FS and Center in the first 4 rounds, I will be happy. Not that concerned about when they address those positions as long as its relatively early. Also would like for us to bring in some guys that are used to winning and hate losing (see Cushing) Thomas definitely fits that bill.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 12-15-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote