View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009   #20
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McShay's First Mock

I'd be happy with Thomas and if things go differently and hes not there (or doesn't declare) I see quite a few players picked in this mock after us that I would be happy with. Spiller is the most intriguing, Mays would be very hard to pass on, I like Dwyer and when its all said and done I expect Brian Price to be a guy that goes in the middle of round 1.

Going to have to wait and see what we do in FA to really narrow it down though. If we lose Dunta we probably sign a decent corner to replace him and his productivity give or take a bit at about half the price. Not sure how much money or what kind of draft investment the FO will be willing to throw at the DL considering Antonio Smith was our big FA last year and we are actually showing signs of stopping the run this year. Barwin's progress will be a big factor in how our pass rush (which has looked good the last two weeks with a nice dose of blitzing) develops next season.

Would be fun to see Spiller in the backfield with a healthy Slaton splitting carries. I know neither one is a real banger but they are explosive and can make big contributions in the passing game. I get the feeling that this regime puts more stock in that than getting said banger at RB. Heck, Foster might be that guy anyway. Spiller could return kicks as well so we can ditch Andre Davis.