View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004   #17
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89506 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

i think infantrycak said it best when he mentioned "yards after 1st contact".
i dont have to be gil brandt or mel kiper to see what kind of awesome leg drive davis has. in that sense hes very much like smith as well as comparable in size, quicks, and shiftyness. i think we all know by now he dosent have the break away speed. but it seemed to me the first defender could never bring him down...he always just kinda slowed him up till he got help. he almost always got positive yardage after first contact. i also find it encouraging that he makes it publicly know that he thinks hes capable of 2000 yards. kinda tells ya his leg drive isnt the only drive he has.

i'll go out on a limb here and say...unless he has an injury and unless the o-line is decimated with injuries...davis will have 1500+ this year on the ground. perhaps a little lofty but hey, im entitled to get caught up in the preseason hype arent i?