Thread: 1st mock
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanswer000 View Post
From the way we have been playing lately I see us in a good drafting spot for Joe Haden. We could really use him, none of us really know what is going to happen with Dunta but sadly we probably will resign him. Jacque Reeves and Fred Bennett just are not getting the job done at anytime. If we drafted Joe Haden he would automatically become a starter on the first day bc of the such bad quality of depth in our CBs. I had us taking Kyle Wilson bc this guy really looks like he can be a starter his rookie year also, Boise State has a freaking wall in the stadium that is just him. Glover Quin could also stay at CB just depending on what happens with Dunta. If DR stays though I could see GQ moving to FS and I think he could provide a lot better play there than DB or Eugene Wilson. If this happened our depth 1 to 3 could be GQ, Joe Haden and Kyle Wilson. That would be a huge change for the better and would provide starters for years to come. If this happens and we go out and sign a beast on the DL, Vince Wilfork, Barry Cofield or Ryan Pickett. If for some reason Mays and Haden are on the board that would be a very difficult choice. If the Texans want a veteran at FS they should sign O.J. Atogwe and draft Haden. Any of these scenarios would be a great move.
I like your thinking but you did not mention Offense and you may be ok with it.

If Myers remains at center and he prob will if Kubes is coach next season, line could be Brown, Caldwell, Myers, Brisiel (off injury)and Winston. I think Caldwell may be good to go as a starter but not sure about Brisiel. Anyway, would not have to draft a olineman. First round, Haden and second Wilson (I like this guy but mocked him in 4th) McCain is the nickle back and move Quin to FS. I have long believed the latter will work. He was rated 7th best FS in nation when he came out so he can play the position.
For offense, I would like Gerhart in 3rd but very concerned not there. We need a power back more than we need two corners, imo. I would like another OG/LT but not sure we'd get much in 4th or later other than long term project.

Something we all need to keep in mind, if Gary K. survives to finish his last year; I would expect him to draft for immediate impact players that will prove he belongs as a head coach. There will be no more time to build for the future.