View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009   #53
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My December mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
The thing is, you really cant take a guy to early, if you have him as the player you want. Everyone made fun of the Titans when they drafted Chris Johnson, saying they picked him too early, but look who is laughing now. Good teams dont let other teams opinions influence their draft.

As the Texans keep losing, it looks more likely the Texans will be in a position to draft Haden, and get Gerhart in the 2nd. I highly doubt Gerhart runs slow enough to drop him to the third, he is the best power back (maybe second best, but I bumped him over Dwyer) in the draft. The third round pick should probably be an interior lineman.
Good points. If you have a need and that guy is there pick him. To many worry about other saying he would have been there (later round). Maybe yes and maybe no. You are right on target about Chris Johnson and I think this philosophy may have impacted us not getting an Rb last draft. If we go to a power blocking O next year, I am not sure if Mike Johnson would start over Studdard or Brisiel if Caldwell moved to LG.