View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009   #52
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My December mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I can not get a grip on this Kubiac thing. Radio talk shows seem to be running about 70-30 to fire him. If he leaves, you & I are on same page. I would probably panic and select Gerhart too early to avoid missing him. I am not usually a BPA guy but draft to fill need especially for priority. We have got to have a power back.

Matt McGuire for WalterFootball.com does two rounds:updated December 4th
Texans #17 Earl Thomas FS #49 (2nd) Jonathan Dwyer

Walt does three rounds:updated December 10th
Texans #13 Thomas F.S. #44 (2nd) Mike Iupati OG #74 Gerhart
I could live with that draft. I'd feel better with Thomas supporting Quin; but would like another CB. I have Kyle Wilson in 4th but many think he will be in 2nd round with Perrish Cox ahead of him. I am going to start looking for another CB in case.
The thing is, you really cant take a guy to early, if you have him as the player you want. Everyone made fun of the Titans when they drafted Chris Johnson, saying they picked him too early, but look who is laughing now. Good teams dont let other teams opinions influence their draft.

As the Texans keep losing, it looks more likely the Texans will be in a position to draft Haden, and get Gerhart in the 2nd. I highly doubt Gerhart runs slow enough to drop him to the third, he is the best power back (maybe second best, but I bumped him over Dwyer) in the draft. The third round pick should probably be an interior lineman.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote