Originally Posted by Wolf6151
With 4 games left in our season I think we go 2-2 and finish the season at 7-9 with losses to Miami and New England. I'm guessing that we'll be picking around 13-16 range.
I'm guessing that we should have some money to play with this year since we won't be paying Dunta a gross amount next year and should have some dead money coming off the books, Anthony Weaver. Also hopefully we free ourselves from Andre Davis' grossly expensive contract.
Demeco Ryans, and Kevin Walter, Demeco should have already been signed.
Chester Pitts and Owen Daniels, I'd resign them but only to team friendly contracts that are laden with playing bonuses and incentives so they can prove they're worth a long term high dollar deal. If not then let them walk, the market on mediocre injured OG's ain't that great and although Daniels is great he needs to prove he can come back from this serious injury.
Logan Mankins, this guy has size, experience, attitude and is still young, he'd add alot to our very young O-line.
O.J. Atogwe, Nick Collins, or Antoine Bethea, if there's any money left over we should go after one of these guys. Atogwe would be expensive, from what I read Collins is disgruntled in Green Bay, and the Colts have several guys in their secondary reaching FA this year and probably can't give everyone big contracts. Also a FA FS should be cheaper than a FA #1 CB.
1. Joe Haden-CB, Dunta meet your replacement. With an experienced FS favoring Haden's side of the field he should be fine to start.
2. Dan Williams-DT, previously I had Jon Asamoah here but we can still get good quality OG's in the 3rd round. With Suh, Cody, and McCoy all most likely going in the 1st round I think there's a good chance Williams will be available in the 2nd.
3. Mike Johnson or Mitch Petrus-OG, whichever one is still available. Caldwell should be a starter by next year and with the addition of Mankins and one of these guys our O-line should be alot better than it currently is. This should move Myers and Brisiel to the bench where they belong and White and Studdard would most likely be gone.
My O-line would be:
Brown, Mankins, Caldwell, Johnson, Winston
4. Ben Tate-RB, actually any of the second tier RB's would be nice. I'll take Montario Hardesty, Anthony Dixon, Toby Gerhart, or possible LaGerette Blount whoever is still available.
5. Robert Vaughn-FS, If he doesn't take Eugene Wilsons job right away then he learns for a year and Wilson is adequate enough to fill the spot since he's got 2 more years on his contract anyway. Also I like drafting Safeties and LB's late since they'll be on special teams and should already know how to tackle.
6. Darian Stewart-SS, again added depth at SS behind Pollard and should move Ferguson and Barber into buying a ticket to the game.
6b. BPA, maybe a QB to groom for the future or a WR since we'll hopefully be freeing up some more money by cutting Andre Davis and a WR could fight with JJ, and Anderson for playing time. Possibly an OG/C for added competition and depth on the O-line.
7. Zoltan Mesko-P, younger and cheaper than Turk.
I'm thinking this offseason plan/draft should replace Dunta with a future #1 CB and improve our secondary, vastly improve our O-line thus improving our running game, improve our DT rotation, and improve our Safeties depth.