View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009   #46
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My December mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
the joy from the team comes from a credible product, but I'm a bigger fan of the NFL than perhaps the Texans...so I do enjoy going to NFL games each Sunday either way. What I have lost most of my interest in is the draft in December. It used to be something to look forward to as a fan of an expansion franchise but this is no longer an expansion franchise. I'll get excited about the draft around the combine, but it doesn't matter who you draft if the team never ever wins more games than it loses in nearly a decade of drafting. Go ahead and enjoy the endless speculation, but I'll enjoy the games where teams are fighting for something. I enjoy the game, the strategy, the fight, and the intensity of the NFL playoffs and the games determining the last playoff slots without the Texans in the mix once again. I just can't get excited about the draft in week 14 of the NFL season since there are 8 weeks of football left. The draft will be there when April arrives.
I understand what you are saying Vinny, but I still get excited about comparing notes with others on MB. Reading two guys opinions that Mike Johnson was not a very good guard then focusing in on his game to see if I agree. When I did my final first round mock before the last draft, I did not think I would get any correct but I remember the thrill when Oakland took the WR I had mocked. Then I had Jenkins for Texans and everyone crushed me saying no way. He went #14. Cheap thrills but ...