View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009   #33
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My December mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
You are just dealing with depression, Vinny. Replace Studdard with Asamoah, Caldwell for Briesel (or which is better) and add a power back and the entire O is way more productive. Could keep D off the field about 30% more, also. Haden is the real deal and Quinn can play FS. NFLdraftscout ranked him #7 FS in nation when he came out. What is "glass 1/2 full" for me is the teams we could have beat with the players we have. Add quality guys in draft and we could have a darn good team. I just think Kubes is not the guy.
He is not dealing with depression as much as he like I have been following when Joel Bushbaum was alive and when you called Mel Kiper you got him or his wife on the phone line to take your order. We know the realities of the draft, essentailly a few things happen

1) your team will not draft the players you fall in love with
2) those players you fall in love and are "better" than the the guys already on you team will suck as NLFers.
3) Especially when you are dealing with guys this early , players who are thought of a 1st rounder may not even get drafted and guys none of you are discussing right now are going to go in the first/second round ancd actually will be good.

The draft was a lot more fun when it was an activity we nerds spent a couple months on it versus people who seem to care more about it than the actual games that are played. If you are making a mock before the season ends and all the players are announced for the draft you have your priorities screwed up.

The best thing to do is to learn about as many players generally as you can and the needs/philosophy of as many teams as possible. Some of us who watch a ton of college football, the combine, and everything else will be lucky as hell to get 2 out 7/8 picks right for our teams when the actual event happens.

Sorry, you got a rant that has been building up since I saw the first mock draft/wish list somewhere around Labor Day. Watch college football and enjoy it with the hope the team drafts one player that you give damn about before he is on the Texans.