View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009   #26
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My December mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
A couple things . . .

Earl Thomas is just a (RS) Sophomore and it is very likely that he will return for his Junior year at Texas. I'd say 60-40 odds he goes back. I'd take Joe Haden in a heartbeat though if he's available.

Toby Gerhart will not last till the 3rd round.

Kyle Wilson is purely a speed guy. He is overrated at his position because he is faster than the guys he plays against. He will not have that speed advantage in the NFL and he does not have that good of actual cover skills. He is a gifted kick returner, that's about it.

We run a 4-3 and Von Miller is not a DE or an OLB. Where does he fit in? His only position at the next level is as a 3-4 rush LB.
I'll stand by by post that Thomas would be insane to remain another year but I'll not be shocked if he does. He will be a high first round and remaining a year does nothing for him. There are some guys from last season who should be kicking themselves for not coming out in last draft. McCoy, I can understand because he had the Vince thing going and so many early comments about his skills. Even Brown signed another QB just in case. Thomas needs to get under NFL coaching and start cashing some large checks.

Gerhart, you could be correct and I have moved him all over my mocks since RMartin 65 introduced him to me. Find another mock prior to his 205 yards two Saturday's ago with him higher than 3rd. My comments in thread gives my position. Do not be surprised as we get closer to draft that I move him up.

Kyle Wilson, I think you are wrong on Wilson but hope 31 general managers agree with you. He has had 8 INTS in 2 years. Remember, if my draft goes my way, we have Haden starting with Wilson replacing Jacoby "just call me Junior High"Jones. Kyle's coverage skills will only improve and NFL WR will be fast but 4.42 is fast. Just ask DR who has made quite a few millions as a not so fast, not so good coverage guy playing as our #1 CB. WIlson would be our nickle replacing Quin who I move to FS and would not be going up against ones and twos