View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My December mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
At the beginning of each college football season, I zero in on a group of prospects that I think are worth watching. I then figure out the teams they play for, the teams they play against and make sure I watch them in at least 3 games each. In addition I do a lot of research on 40 times and the ol football smell test.

The nice thing about watching major conference play is you get to see multiple prospects in a game. Take a Bama-Florida game. Think how many players you will get to see there. So, really if you do your homework and plan ahead of time, you can see all the players you want without a ton of investment time. Also the Texas-nebraska game tonight. You have Suh on the Dline against Utolski on the OT. You can also see Asante(CB), Sergio kindle, Earl Thomas, Thenarse, Houston, etc. Lots of quality players with little real investment. Just grab a pad of paper, note the players you are looking at and sit back and enjoy. Planning is the name of the game and it helps me tremendously.

The reason I say he can be bad in zone is because I see the way he plays. He bumps and run as a man corner. In a Zone scheme you need to get into your zone on the field and then quickly make a break for the ball. Linds ran a poor 40 time at his Kentucky Pro day last year(4.53). This suggests to me that he cannot make up ground very easily. He needs to push and pull the receiver at the LOS because his recovery speed is not the best. So, asking him to go to a zone on the field, asking him to read the coverage, and then breaking back towards the ball does not seem to play to his strengths.

Therefore, my assessment of him was that he would not be a good zone corner and a much better man corner.

I understand that there are a lot of people that simply base their opinions on what others say. But you should know that the Draft Guru, would never do this!
This past weekend was a good day for draftnicks and I was able to see what all the hub bub was about on Suh (he is great though he was neutralized a lot also) and to confirm my opinion on Cody (not interested). I may do a thread on my observations on the guys I watched play later as that would really stir some of you up.

Last edited by badboy; 12-07-2009 at 03:03 PM.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote