View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My December mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Im not sure I would draft a Guard in the second round. It seems like the guard positoin has become a position that can be filled later. Sergio Rendar is the only guy that I have seen so far that I would consider taking befor the 3rd round. The 2009 Draft was complete lunacy when it came down to the OG position. Guys like Duke Robinson, the best OG on most boards, and Herman Johnson weren't drafted until well into Round 5. While big guys arent wanted
at the position in our current scheme it still looks like there will be talent available with quickness and strength at the position late in the draft. At any event, the top talent at the guard position should be even better for 2010's draft.
These were my thoughts until the season progressed. My earlier mocks had Thomas Austin LG/C/T and another guard in 4th and 5th. My thinking was Kubes liked Studdard and the kid did have a mean streak. However, he just doesn't have the skills to be a starter. I think CHris WHite is not even a back up. I will be stunned if Pitts is offered a new contract and we have no way of knowing if Bisiel will return healthy. Most of us have been upset with the running games especially in the Red Zone (see Kube's half back pass into end zone against Jags) I do think a back like Gerhart would do well behind the current line. Why not solidify the offense with Asamoah who plays in a ZBS that lead his school to the cenference passing lead in 08? At 315 he is at the upper limits for ZBS and is known for his bull rushes that knock the D back. He can finesse or forward block.

In my mind if we had the exact same line up we used Sunday and had Asamaoah blocking for Gerhart, we easily win and probably would have beat Tennessee and the Colts twice.