View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004   #37
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
I agree. The reason I started this thread is because I believe that JJ will lose his spot on the roster, not because he didn't do a good job (which he did on Kick return), or his breakaway speed (I take great field position or a rare TD anyday), it is because as a team develops your non-starting players have to become multi-vasted. Meaning they must help the team in several ways, and JJ couldn't do that. I don't see JJ becoming a relible receiver. So I believe, he'll lose his spot to a WR or a DB that can return and also help in his positional area.
Now if the Texans would have won the game against the Jets, would you be asking this question? It seems to me you have a problem with JJ, just like many people had a problem with Matt Stevens. Unfortunatley, JJ's highlights were immediatley followed by something stupid. For instance, his 65 yard kickoff return against Cinncinatti, immediatley followed by a holding penalty retuned to the 5 yard line. JJ running one to the Jets 30, immediatley followed by a failed 4th down zipping pass bouncing off Johnson's chest. It seems like you have been blaming the one person for a combined teams failure.
It JJ's spot to lose, yes. But lets wait till training camp starts till we start pointing fingers.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote