My December mock
After much research and careful plotting er thinking I do the following this off season regardless of play or record.
Dunta Robinson, thanks for the minimal memories and frequent "ahs" over your hitting and groans at your lack of coverage skills. You are gone.
OD: I like your play despite your disagreement with $ offered. If you heal enough that I think you can play (see DR two years ago) I will again offer you a very lucrative deal with emphasis on incentatives first year and back loaded to protect team in case you lose your edge. A pretty healthy bonus which you earned by your pro bowl play before your injury. If you hesitate, you get the tag. Injuries go either way and I can't wait two seasons for you to ramp up ala DR. Let's make this work.
Glover Quin: You are now my starting FS. Shut up Gary & play the kid. When you drafted him for CB he was rated as nation's 7th best FS by NFL Draft Scout.
DTackle: I think we will be ok with what we have but will sign a FA.
Drafting at #15
1. CB Joe Haden starts day one & replaces DR. May be gone, if so I select U.T. free safety Thomas who will be insane to remain for senior. I move Quinn to CB. If no Thomas, Wilson is starting FS, I make the fans mad by moving Asamoah up and picking CB Perrish Cox in 2nd.
2. LG Jon Asamoah replaces Studdard and with Brown secures left side for years.
3. RB Toby Gerhart does not get invite to Heisman and as months have passed since his last game, he drops. Combine pushes him up briefly, but he falls in draft. Gary, the old any back can get a 1,000 does not fly and Slaton's 08 season was an aberration as he should not be the featured back. Let him have a lengthy career doing what he was drafted for. He will make you some money.
4. CB Kyle Wilson this speedster 4.42 should win starting role over Quin if we did not get Haden, moving Glover to FS. As a punt return man, Wilson led nation on TD returns. Jacoby concentrates on WR. Even if we have Haden or Cox, Wilson is our nickle.
5. C/G/T Thomas Austin drops because of other guards and centers taken ahead of him. Those teams are wrong. Better prospect than Caldwell was and should replace Myers as soon as Kube's feels ok with his play calling. Myers and Brisiel are back ups and Pitts is a goner. Mel Kiper rates Wilson as best 2010 center in draft.
6A. ILB Von Miller yeah locals know him but few others. 17 QB sacks 43 tackles (2009) 6'3" 240. Even if he goes higher, no loss and I like Baylor's OLB Joe Pawelek. Only 2.5 sacks but 109 tackles and 1 INT. I am okay with our current LBs but these are quality buys here. If I get Miller, I might just take Joe P. with 2nd sixth (Travis Johnson is crapping all over a move up to 5th with 9 tackles so far) anyways 'cause I'm greedy.
6B if necessary FS/CB Robert Johnson Utah 6'2" 4.52 2008 4 INTS 2009 5 INTS
The above is based on a 4-3 and Kubes coaching. If NE swaps and gives a 2nd or two seconds for our first: Asamoah, Gerhart, Perrish Cox and follow with Morgan Burnett FS in 3rd.
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need