View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009   #80
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57758 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Bye Week Mock Draft-

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Mussop, thanks for your input on Cody and I have read what you posted before. I agree that stats are only a part of evaluation and I could be all wrong about him. I don't think I am the only one that has doubts though. I am evaluating him as if he were to be our pick in any round. IF we were going 3-4 and IF we got him no higher than 3rd, I would grudgingly ok the pick.

In a 3-4 I would not want Terrence Cody as a rookie being my nose tackle. I'd take Dan Williams Tennesee NT who also gets double blocked a time or two but still effects the QB. Preferably, in a 3-4 scenario next season, I'd sign a vet to play a year or two and allow Williams time to adjust to NFL.
I agree with everyting youre saying. Cody isnt a good fit in a 4/3. We have pretty much the same opinion of him other than the conditioning issue. IMO he has done everything asked of him since getting to Bama. He has good character, he works hard and has shown alot of maturity in the way he has approached this issue. There is tons of press on the very subjuct but people seem to be missing it for some reason.

If you watch him play you will realize its not as much of an issue as regularly advertised.