Originally Posted by rmartin65
Alright, I have been screwing around with a new draft, and I think I have a pretty good one here. Rip into it.
1) Florida CB Joe Haden, 5'11" 190 lbs
2) Stanford RB Toby Gerhart, 6'1" 240 lbs
3) Baylor OC J.D. Walton, 6'3" 305 lbs
4) Purdue DT Mike Deal, 6'3" 302 lbs or Texas DT Lamar Houston, 6'2" 300 lbs
5) OT Jared Veldheer, Hillsdale, 6'8" 321 lbs
6) Thug U TE Jimmy Graham, 6'8" 260 lbs
6) Alabama K Leigh Tiffin, 6'1" 212 lbs
7) Colgate WR Pat Simonds, 6'6" 220 lbs
I feel like I hit the major zones, except FS. A CB, power back, interior OL, DT, K, and two red zone threats. The TE only stays if OD goes.
I honestly never anticapated the Texans would lose both games following their bye week, hence in position to draft a top CB like Haden. I really think he ends up top 10, but if he's still on the board I'm all for selecting him.
If he's gone I'd try to trade down a few spots, maybe pick up another 3rd. thus getting both Walton, C & Edds, OLB before grabbing our franchise RB Gerhart. Second would be a tough choice between best CB or OG on the board.