View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hypothetical Draft Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
If Haden is gone, Lindley is a very good pick as well. He also makes a lot of plays on the ball. Those guys are simply football players.

I am strongly opposed to drafting Weatherspoon. He plays for the enemy, the slavers. However, that is an entirely personal thing.
Prior to his injury I had him rated fairly high. If Haden is there in first I'd prob choose him to replace DR, but if not I have an OG and RB penciled in for first two rounds. I have Kyle Wilson for my CB in 3rd but may have to do an entire new mock as we keep falling.

11/06/09 - This wasn't how Trevard Lindley's senior season was supposed to go. Lindley bypassed the NFL Draft, where he was projected as a second-round pick, to return to Kentucky in 2009. He received pre-season accolades as an All-Southeastern Conference and All-America candidate. Lindley got off to a nice start with an interception-return touchdown in the season opener against Miami (Ohio). But he suffered a high-ankle sprain in the fourth game against Alabama and has been a spectator ever since. "It's been frustrating," Lindley said. "When they've played away I've had to sit and watch at my house, and when they're home, I'm just there on the sidelines. It's my last year, and I really want to be out there playing. I've just been rehabbing and trying to get better." Lindley will finally get back on the field Saturday against Eastern Kentucky and will be in the starting lineup. While he's not 100 percent, his presence should be a big boost to a defensive unit still smarting from a 31-24 loss to Mississippi State last week. "If he's well it makes a major, major difference in our defense because you usually don't have to worry about the guy he's covering," UK Coach Rich Brooks said. "That makes a pretty significant difference, and if you think back at a few games that we played, it might have made a major difference." Lindley said he really doesn't know what to expect when he gets on the field. "I can't press or do some of the things I did before I got hurt, but I've been slowly trying to get back into it during practice," he said. "We'll just have to see how it goes in the game. It's just a matter of seeing what I can and can't do." - Chip Cosby, Lexington Herald-Leader