View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009   #49
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Bye Week Mock Draft-

Quote:
Originally Posted by treduke View Post
i dont know if you're trying to pick on the new guy or what but here goes!
cody clogs the middle of one the best defenses in the country! ask any inside lb what his best friend is and they probably tell you a big nasty dt who keeps those hogs busy! he brings as nastiness that honestly the texans could use up front! would love suh or Mccoy from oklahoma but thats wishful thinking! at 6'5 and about 385 i think he needs to lose some weight and work on his lateral quickness cause from watching him the last couple of weeks i think he sometimes stuggles to shed blocks! that's my opinion! i'm not mel kiper or todd mc shay just a guy who watches alot of football!
First- Welcome to the board. And its great to see another guy enthused about the draft.

Second- Chill on the exclamation points a little.

Now, to your ideas. Cody is (in my opinion) best suited for the NT in a 3-4. I do not see him having too much of an impact in a 4-3, he is just too slow and unconditioned. It would be great to have a big DT plugging up the lanes, but the DT's in a 4-3 need to get at least a little bit of pressure on the QB. Cody looks like a man amongst boys out there because of his size. I think if you put him against the pros, he becomes very average. He is huge, but there is so much fat. I would be surprised if he lifts 30 reps this combine. Also, the Alabama D is stacked. They have players with pro potential at just about every position. That makes him look better than he is.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote