View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009   #37
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Bye Week Mock Draft-

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I just can't jump on board with a first round RB. We need defensive help. I've seen Cox play a good handful of times, and he's boom or bust. Most of my friends at OSU don't like him. I don't grade him in the second round either way. Houston is going to jump. I think 3rd round is probably solid. I've seen him play in person a few times and I've seen UT on film plenty. I'm impressed with him. I'm not impressed with Kindle. I don't think Kindle is a first round talent. I'm all for taking a kicker.

My favorite player in the entire draft is McClain from Bama. I would move DeMeco in a heartbeat for this kid, or put this kid at the WILL. I don't care. I would take this guy regardless of anything. I'm calling him the DROY already.
Agreed. My favorite players in this draft are Eric Berry and Earl Thomas (if he comes out) then McClain. He is an absolute beast. He lines everybody up on defense and makes all the calls (very impressive for a college LB to be able to do this in Nick Saban's scheme). He also makes all the calls on the fly after the offense makes adjustments to their alignment.

He is the #1 reason that Alabama defense has been stellar the past two seasons. Terrence Cody has had a minimal impact compared to this guy.

However, he is a MLB pure and simple. I wouldn't mind moving Demeco outside to WILL though and placing McClain at MLB. With Cushing at SAM we would have one of the NFL's best LB cores in a matter of years. Kid is a flat out player.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote