View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009   #410
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Kubiak takes blame: Aside from the Week 6 victory at Cincinnati, the Texans have struggled to put together a consistent 60 minutes of football this season. That was true again on Sunday, when they gained 242 yards in the first half. They had 154 yards in the second half, but they picked up only three first downs and 52 yards before the Colts rallied to take a 21-20 lead midway through the fourth quarter.

The Texans also turned the ball over three times in the second half, resulting in 14 points for the Colts.

After the game, Kubiak took the blame for the Texans' inconsistency. Quarterback Matt Schaub chalked those words up to a coach trying to protect his players.

"That's just the type of coach he is, and he takes a lot of heat when he shouldn't," Schaub said. "That's on us as players. That game out there, we were set up to win that game and play well and we just didn't do it. We hurt ourselves all day, especially in the second half."
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=5863

as I said earlier, I liked early on that Kubiak took responsibility for issues, but this is year 4 with his own players and his own system.. that time is over. just makes me wonder how the players feel when during the game, when an important call from the sidelines come in.. I just feel that they don't trust the calls at times
and hence they play timid like the coach