View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree on Baxter. He can play the RB and FB position so that makes him more valuable than Wells. Speaking of the running game, it seems as if we are going to be more of a running team this year which brings up my next questions concerning Bryant. Is he a good run blocker and is he a better run blocker than Bradford?

I am mixed on this. It helps depth wise on our receiving corp but then you take guys like Sloan Thomas and Armstrong out of the mix who have alot of potential. Then I think about the 10 drops and think if he can't catch a Quincy Carter pass, I am sure he will have trouble with David Carr lasers. Then again you look at guys that were labeled head cases and when they changed their scenery they became better players (Rasheed Wallace). Then I think the veteran leadership we have right now is what kept this team together during the rough times so maybe that alone can help him rather than the coach even having to do that. But one thing I feel our offense needs is some nastiness. At times we looked like we had confidence but not that ugliness it takes to dominate a game and I believe a player like Bryant can bring that and with a team like ours it can turn out to be a positive thing.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote