View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009   #78
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Half-Season Texans Mock/Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I had typed a nice long response and somehow deleted it. I am not impressed with Dunta as much as you. He has not had an above average year imo and needs to run out the year in a "shut down" mode to win me. If he is tagged 2010 it will be apprx $13million. So far he has not earned the $10. I like Quin but the Bennett bust is a concern. There are not too many college corners who will step in as a starter in this draft and we will be drafting pretty low. Actually I think one draft can fill all our needs.

FS: I have been after a FS and wanted Jenkins last year. However, Wilson has seemingly healed and has been playing fairly well combined with Pollard.
DT:Historically, I wanted a Raji type but Bush has done well shutting down the run with "lighter" tackles. Okoye is not going anywhere if he continues to bloom.
RB: We agree but Smith has not signed a power back and he did not even use a 7th last year. I hope he see the light this year.

OL: is doing much better and Caldwell is support to start RG now. Myers is not going anywhere soon as he understands the calls needed to be made. I draft two players but later rounds.
FS: Yes Wilson is playing better. Is Pollard making FS position look better or Wilson making SS position look better? Before Pollard, how did Wilson looked?
I am not saying Wilson is really that bad but, just imagine if we can upgrade FS position with high draft choice.

DT: Yes using lighter tackles are working. However, don't you feel more comfortable having an additional disruptive DT to our D line?

OL: We need more power on our O Line to make our running better IMO. Our pass O protection is better but we need help on our running game. RB is not only problem. We can upgrade there.

RB: If I recall correctly, Smith was targeting Coffee on 3rd but was taken before we got to him. I assume other RB remained in draft wan't value pick for them. Who knows, we may go after some RB in 2010 draft.

I agree, I liked Jenkins as well but, Saints took him at 14th pick. But, I am very happy with Cushing.

DR: It is all depends on how DR perform this year. He may ended up not asking too much. We will find out about DR situation after this season.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote