Wolf6151 bye week mock draft.
The 2 weakest parts of our team are the O-line, IMO the reason the running game stinks, and the secondary. My draft concentrates on our 2 weakest areas and adds quality and depth to both. This mock is a little optimistic, but possible, and is how I'd like to see the draft workout for us. Let me know what you think.
1. Joe Haden-CB, I think he's the only true #1 corner coming out this year, though Trevard Lindley and Patrick Robinson are possible future #1's. Dunta is only playing average this year and is way too expensive for his production level. Haden replaces Dunta.
2. Morgan Burnett-FS, this guy is IMO the second best coverage FS in the draft behind Berry. He's got great closing speed, tackles well, and isn't afraid to play the run. Our FS for the next decade.
3. Mike Johnson-OG, Pitts is injured and is a FA next year and honestly isn't worth the money a FA OG will want. Brisiel stinks and Caldwell should be moved to C to replace Myers. Johnson fits the mold of a ZBS OG and is one of the top OG's entering this years draft.
4. Thomas Austin-OG, he adds a little size improvement to our interior O-line without being overly huge. He may not start right away but should improve out quality and depth on the interior O-line.
5. Ben Tate or Lagerrette Blount-RB, I think Anthony Dixon and Toby Gerhart will be gone by this point. Tate offers the same size and quickness like Slaton and Blount offers size and power. Either I think would help in the rotation.
6. Best SS available, maybe Darian Stewart, Barry Church, or Kyle McCarthy. I honestly don't know alot about any of these guys but Pollard should be our SS for the next couple years and Ferguson and Barber both stink. I'm looking for someone to play backup SS and good special teams.
6. Ed Wang-OT, we're one injury away from no depth at OT so we need depth behind Butler at OT. Honestly I'm hoping this pick turns into a 5th rounder due to the conditional trade of Travis Johnson. This pick could also be spent on a future QB for Kubiak to groom.
7. Zoltan Mesko-P, younger and cheaper than Turk.