View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009   #51
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanFan View Post
mcnair wanted vince, kubiak didnt, they had just hried kubiak and had to let him pick his own qb.
I meant to ask earlier, but where did you get the idea that Bob McNair wanted VY? McNair is the one who picked a new HC on the condition of keeping HWNSNBM (the former #8 on the Texans). I have never heard anyone - until now - make the case that McNair wanted VY in any capacity. If anything, he would have wanted "the next Gayle Sayers", as that is the other player offered a contract pre-draft. Mario signed on the dotted line first, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Quote:
DENIAL is a funny thing
As clearly evidenced by a certain Titans/VY fan in this thread.

Quote:
db, i apologize for earlier post, thats a great response (eloquent as well!), but when i say you cant help who you support i mean it in a different sense. Subconciously when u feel as much passion for sports as im sure most of us do you cant control the emotion that comes out while watching.
Well, I appreciate the thoughts, but no need to apologize in the smack forum.

As far as the rest of your post, I certainly respect your passion. I cannot say that I admire it, simply because I root for my roots, the city of my youth, the place where my family calls home. Slug Adams betrayed this city out of greed, so it is simply a matter of honor that I despise him and his new team. He back-stabbed the football fans of this city, and these are my brethren, my brothers in arms as fans.

No offense, but you have a misplaced sense of loyalty. JMO, though, so don't let me or anyone else steal your joy in life. It's all just chosen perspective at the end of the day. My own mother harbors the same delusions about VY and the Titans, and it won't be until the Texans make the playoffs that she might actually jump on the bandwagon (if only they had won the Bironas 8 FG game that I took her to! lol).

p.s. please do return to these pages when the Titans get humiliated on the national stage in a little over a week.