View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009   #44
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanFan View Post
have some sympathy for me.....i love sports. i love them. and i loved the oilers more than any sport team ever. I LOVED them. and then they left. and it was hard on all of us. instead of giving into my bitterness, i turned the tv on and watched my boys eddie and steve mcnair create a winning organization. and more importantly my uncontrollable joy would erupt everytime they won. Dont you see, you dont pick the sports team, they pick you.
Dude, you've got lots of old Oilers fans on this board that understand your pain. People in Houston lived the Oilers, and if it wasn't for one fat bastard's decision, they would be celebrating their 50th anniversary in H-town.

But, we do have a choice. You decided to follow a franchise. The Houston Oilers died, and the franchise changed the name, logo, and location. Have you ever lived in Tennessee? Heck, I've never even visited there, so I have absolutely no connection to the place.

I understand you being a fan of VY, especially as a Houstonian and Texan (the state, not the team). Dude is a sports legend in this city for his high school career and a legend in the state for his college legacy. I cannot fault anyone for liking the guy for those reasons.

However, he's a Tennessee Titan now, which is not just the former Houston franchise, but a division rival of our home team.

If the team picks you, as you stated, then you will remain a Titans fan if/when VY is not on the team. This is the only way that you can be consistent with that logic. If you stop being a Titans fan to follow VY where he goes, then your statement is false and you pick your team out of freewill.

An example: did you see the reception that Brett Favre had in Green Bay a week or so ago? Those people loved him for 16+ years, but now he's a division rival Viking. They booed like they have never booed, because they are Packers fans, not Favre fans. For many (maybe most) NFL fans, team and hometown loyalty are paramount to being the essence of a fanatic.