View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009   #66
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Half-Season Texans Mock/Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
You never know. I see this draft of safeties a bit like the 2007 draft. Remember that crop of safeties?

LaRon Landry was the 6th overall pick.

Michael Griffin was taken at 19.

Reggie Nelson was taken 21st.

Brandon Meriweather was taken at 24.

The theme here was that there was 1 big time safety and a few others that were good players and all pretty equally ranked.

I see Berry as the big time prospect with Mays, Burnett, and Thomas all bunched together.

Obviously it depends on who else is available in the draft at all positions, but it isn't too hard to believe that one of them would be available in the 20s.

It also depends on what teams want. Mays is a big hitting SS, Thomas is a rangy cover safety, Burnett is somewhere in the middle. The Texans don't need Mays enough to justify drafting him in the 1st, we have Pollard. We could really use either Thomas or Burnett.
Historically with Kubes, safety has not had a high priority and he usually selects big hitters with little coverage ability the old 1 & 2 safety not SS and free. When creating a mock, I usually prioritize what I think is best for team. I often choose to ignore what Kubes has done or probably will do. I am saying a Power back should be selected in top 2 rounds but if one is even selected, I'll be surprised.