View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009   #64
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Half-Season Texans Mock/Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
You are absolutely correct, Iupati would not be a raging success in the ZBS. However, I dont think the ZBS lasts past this season. It is not doing anything for the run game at all. The players would be a problem though. Brown would fit, after a training camp. I think Winston could do it as well. Caldwell is a little small, but maybe he could do it. Then we would have Iupati. So we still lack a center or a guard, wherever Caldwell does not go. I dont know alot about the other lineman on the team, what do you think?
I agree with Beerlover. The ZBS is for moving the ball down the field with TEs, slot WR and RB as Slaton did last year. It can be successful but the one missing ingredient is a RB that keeps the coverage locked close to scrimmage. You get a power back that can create his own holes. Our line as weak as it is does create some room, our backs just can't break free. A 2 back system can be used to create confusion, our bigger backs just never do the job. A Gerhart or Jonathan Dwyer (two mocks have us drafting him around #22) would really help the offense as big strong types that can catch the ball.