View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009   #62
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Half-Season Texans Mock/Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I've got to agree with TexasSeminole, that if we're going after a FS in the 1st round then I'd rather have Morgan Burnett. IMO he's 2nd only to Berry amongst FS. Earl Thomas will probably stay and play another year at UT but if he does decide to go pro next year then he'd be my 3rd choice behind Berry and Burnett. I don't see Taylor Mays as having the ball skills or coverage skills to be a good FS in the NFL, I think he'll be a much better SS in a traditional scheme. I'd then go after Mike Johnson-OG in the 2nd round, I think he fits our ZBS much better than Iupati. Someone else mentioned Boo Robinson or Dan Williams in the 3rd round, Robinson will probably be gone by the time we pick in the 3rd but Dan Williams-DT in the 3rd round isn't a bad idea.

1. Morgan Burnett-FS
2. Mike Johnson-OG
3. Dan Williams-DT

I could live with that easy.
Why Mike Johnson? What about his feet and skill set? he is rated as maybe dropping to 3rd.