View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009   #59
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Half-Season Texans Mock/Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Not attacking but rather discussing, using the #1 pick on a huge guard to put in our ZBS is ok to voice our opinion. We need to be realistic that usually that type body will not be successful in our offense. I too prefer an Oline that powers the ball down the field. Let's look at the thought that ZBS will go away. If it does, what do we do for players? Everyone we have was selected to be fast with quick feet and to pass block. None does straight ahead power blocking well. IMO Brown is the best. Pitts would have worked but I do not see him back unless he signs a very low $ deal with incentatives. Again I like the choice just not for an offense we will not change and where he will probably be successful. Now if this guard blows away the cones and other agility tests at combine proving he can work in the ZBS, I will change my mind.
You are absolutely correct, Iupati would not be a raging success in the ZBS. However, I dont think the ZBS lasts past this season. It is not doing anything for the run game at all. The players would be a problem though. Brown would fit, after a training camp. I think Winston could do it as well. Caldwell is a little small, but maybe he could do it. Then we would have Iupati. So we still lack a center or a guard, wherever Caldwell does not go. I dont know alot about the other lineman on the team, what do you think?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote