View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009   #54
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Half-Season Texans Mock/Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
this is appropriately called the HALF-SEASON TEXANS MOCK/WISHLIST so half-way through the College & NFL seasons we have some idea who looks like a Sunday prospect, what that Sunday team needs & how well they fit in both scheme/as teammates.

work ethic, character, athletic ability & football production all come into play. primary need is RB, weakside LB, interior OL/Center, DT, CB, FS. based off what we know so far, rmartin65 with exception of CB really fills those major areas of concern quite nicely. I'm thinking he believes the Texans will come to terms with Dunta Robinson which I agree & think it would be a sad day if he walked.
I am the guy who has been pushing to get a big old mean gorilla type DT that will stop the run. However, Bush has seemingly eliminated that need by using our lighter guys to stop the other teams running game. There will be some good DT prospects in free agency and we should go after one. If we go after one in draft, it should be later rounds. IMO no longer qualifies as primary need.

While I agree that center should be upgraded, don't see it happening unless it is by Caldwell and moving Myers to guard, his more natural position. Again, I do not see this either as Myers has the experience to call the offensive sets. There have few bobbles between Schaub and Chris. On the QB sack by Colts, the RB (Slaton, I think) missed the block after Myers was tossed aside, so 2 players did not do the job that play.