View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009   #50
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Half-Season Texans Mock/Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
this is appropriately called the HALF-SEASON TEXANS MOCK/WISHLIST so half-way through the College & NFL seasons we have some idea who looks like a Sunday prospect, what that Sunday team needs & how well they fit in both scheme/as teammates.

work ethic, character, athletic ability & football production all come into play. primary need is RB, weakside LB, interior OL/Center, DT, CB, FS. based off what we know so far, rmartin65 with exception of CB really fills those major areas of concern quite nicely. I'm thinking he believes the Texans will come to terms with Dunta Robinson which I agree & think it would be a sad day if he walked.

I guess this is a topic for a different thread but do the Texans really want Dunta back next year? If this seasons production vs. payroll is any indicator of future production then I question if Dunta will be back next year. Dunta's production is worse than Glover Quin. I'm not totally sold on Glover Quin and though he shows promise he's no #1 CB and Bennett showed promise as well a couple years ago. So do we re-sign Dunta and accept mediocre production, try to sign a better FA that will most likely cost even more than Dunta, or take the chance at getting Haden in the draft ,which is no guarantee, and then wait for him to develope. Also Dunta staying or leaving really affect our draft priorities. If he stays we can concentrate on FS and OG/C and if he leaves then it makes filling the #1 CB spot top priority.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote