Originally Posted by Wolf6151
Some constructive criticism, not meant as bashing.
1. Iupati, I think he's the wrong type of O-lineman for the Texans, he's a big power blocker who I think will probably go in the mid to late 2nd round. I don't think he fits what Kubiak and Gibbs are looking for in an OG.
2. Gerhart, regardless of what the so called mock pros think, I think that his lack of speed and more importantly lack of quickness and agility will hurt him on draft day. What works in college doesn't always transition well to the NFL where speed and quickness are everything. I think he'll fall to the 4th round or later.
3. Walton, I don't know anything about him but I like your way of thinking, we definately need O-line help and Myers needs to be replaced by someone bigger.
4. Ross, I don't know anything about this guy either, has good size though. I personally think we should pick a DT in FA not in the draft.
5. Wang, good pick as depth at OT is a need.
6. McCarty, I don't know anything about this guy either but I like Safeties and LB's in the late rounds as they are the guys that are going to be playing special teams and they have speed and tackling ability.
6. Lane, I don't see DE as a need what's he going to do that Smith, Barwin, Nading, or Bulman can't do.
7. Rey, again don't know anything about him but we've got tons of talent and depth at LB. If we're going to take a guy for depth I'd rather do it at a position of need like Safety or O-line, our 2 biggest needs, where a depth guy stands a chance of making the team and an extra body helps.
Overall this draft is EHHHHH. Not addressing the secondary early is a problem.
No worries, I am a big boy, I dont have a problem with criticism.
1) Iupati is shooting up the draft boards. He is big, athletic, smart, and has all the tools to be a successful pro. And about the blocking sceme: You are right. As of now, the Texans run a ZBS. I dont see it lasting. The run game is still abysmal.
2) Fourth round, are you ****ing kidding me!? You are the only one I have seen projecting him below the third. It is not like he will run a 4.8 or anything. Moreno ran a 4.68 at the combine. Emmit ran a 4.6 or 4.7. Speed is not everything in the league. Bush would be a Hall of Famer if it was. No, this is the one criticism where I think you are completely off base. Read this article: http://www.stanforddaily.com/cgi-bin/?p=1035761
3) No disagreements
4) I do have the Texans picking up someone in FA. However, we should still be grooming a big body for the future.
5) No disagreements
6) No disagreements
6) I was just looking for value here. I subscribe to the belief that the top rounds are for starters, or players who will start in the near future. The middle rounds are for depth, and the late rounds are project players with high upside. Lane is just raw. Physically gifted, just raw.
7) I can see the punter here.