Originally Posted by rmartin65
Another week has passed. Even with the loss, I think the Texans are a playoff team and will be picking around 22. I would be giddy at a trade up for Suh or Berry, but that wont happen. A trade down is my next favorite option, but since predicting trades can be so convoluted, I am having no trades in this.
1) OG Mike Iupati, Idaho, 6'5" 330
2) RB Toby Gerhart, Stanford, 6'1" 240
3) OC J.D. Walton, Baylor, 6'3" 305
4) DT Jay Ross, East Carolina, 6'3" 314
5) OT Ed Wand, Virginia Tech, 6'5" 309
6) S Kyle McCarty, Notre Dame, 6' 210
6) DE Austen Lane, Murray State, 6'6" 258
7) Duke ILB Vincent Rey, 6' 245
Some constructive criticism, not meant as bashing.
1. Iupati, I think he's the wrong type of O-lineman for the Texans, he's a big power blocker who I think will probably go in the mid to late 2nd round. I don't think he fits what Kubiak and Gibbs are looking for in an OG.
2. Gerhart, regardless of what the so called mock pros think, I think that his lack of speed and more importantly lack of quickness and agility will hurt him on draft day. What works in college doesn't always transition well to the NFL where speed and quickness are everything. I think he'll fall to the 4th round or later.
3. Walton, I don't know anything about him but I like your way of thinking, we definately need O-line help and Myers needs to be replaced by someone bigger.
4. Ross, I don't know anything about this guy either, has good size though. I personally think we should pick a DT in FA not in the draft.
5. Wang, good pick as depth at OT is a need.
6. McCarty, I don't know anything about this guy either but I like Safeties and LB's in the late rounds as they are the guys that are going to be playing special teams and they have speed and tackling ability.
6. Lane, I don't see DE as a need what's he going to do that Smith, Barwin, Nading, or Bulman can't do.
7. Rey, again don't know anything about him but we've got tons of talent and depth at LB. If we're going to take a guy for depth I'd rather do it at a position of need like Safety or O-line, our 2 biggest needs, where a depth guy stands a chance of making the team and an extra body helps.
Overall this draft is EHHHHH. Not addressing the secondary early is a problem.