View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009   #8
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63030 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FF League Openings?

In general I look for IDP after I've filled out my starting offensive lineup. Definitely pre kicker (this year I didn't bother drafting a K). Sometimes before team D or TE -- depends on who is out there and where the runs have occurred to that point in the draft, as well as whether I am comfortable with all of my starters. I'd say somewhere between the 8th and 10th rounds these days, because the other owners in my league value defenders more than they used to. My league now also separates between defensive line and defensive backs though, starting 3 apiece. Some leagues only do 1 IDP at any position, which makes it much less valuable. Since there are only 14 teams or whatever in a league (thus only that many defenders drafted), you can find 1 elite defender much later on.

I've found that LBers and Safeties are way more valuable as IDP's, because they are consistent. They always get their tackles and usually manage to get a sack, fumble, or int sprinkled in. DE's and CB's are inconsistent. They'll get 2-3 sacks in a game or return an INT for a TD, then do nothing for a month.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote