View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009   #42
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Half-Season Texans Mock/Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Another week has passed. Even with the loss, I think the Texans are a playoff team and will be picking around 22. I would be giddy at a trade up for Suh or Berry, but that wont happen. A trade down is my next favorite option, but since predicting trades can be so convoluted, I am having no trades in this.

1) OG Mike Iupati, Idaho, 6'5" 330

2) RB Toby Gerhart, Stanford, 6'1" 240

3) OC J.D. Walton, Baylor, 6'3" 305

4) DT Jay Ross, East Carolina, 6'3" 314

5) OT Ed Wand, Virginia Tech, 6'5" 309

6) S Kyle McCarty, Notre Dame, 6' 210

6) DE Austen Lane, Murray State, 6'6" 258

7) Duke ILB Vincent Rey, 6' 245
If this draft were to happen I would be thrilled.

My mock at this point in the season looks like this.

Rd1 Iupati G-Idaho part of solving the sort yardage problems.
Rd2 Gerhart RB- Stanford Everydown RB,another part of solving problems in the run game. Smart
Rd3 Brandon Ghee-CB-WF Big physical CB,play fell off SR year or he wouldn't be availabe. Smart
Rd3 J.D.Walton C- Baylor Big tough guy, max effort, looked better than no.2 pick Jason Smith at times last year. Helps with short yardage problems, Smart
Rd4 Justin Woodall S-Ala. Big tough FS-SS leader of secondary on the great Ala. defense. Smart
Rd5 Dan Williams DT-Tenn Run stopping DT, SEC battle tested, Team leader
Rd5. Jeff Byars C-G-USC 4 yr starter,undersized,was made to play in ZBS,team leader
Rd6 Walter Thurmond CB Ore- Playmaking CB tore ACL may have to be put on IR for rookie year but if Thurmond gets healthy he would be a steal in Rd6.
Rd7 Zoltan Mesko P Mich Younger,stronger leg,cheaper than Turk

I think these are the type of players that Smithiak will look at in the draft. At least these are the kind of players they drafted this year. Tough,smart,team leaders

Let the critiques begin

Last edited by steelbtexan; 11-10-2009 at 04:28 PM.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote