Originally Posted by rmartin65
Another week has passed. Even with the loss, I think the Texans are a playoff team and will be picking around 22. I would be giddy at a trade up for Suh or Berry, but that wont happen. A trade down is my next favorite option, but since predicting trades can be so convoluted, I am having no trades in this.
1) OG Mike Iupati, Idaho, 6'5" 330
2) RB Toby Gerhart, Stanford, 6'1" 240
3) OC J.D. Walton, Baylor, 6'3" 305
4) DT Jay Ross, East Carolina, 6'3" 314
5) OT Ed Wand, Virginia Tech, 6'5" 309
6) S Kyle McCarty, Notre Dame, 6' 210
6) DE Austen Lane, Murray State, 6'6" 258
7) Duke ILB Vincent Rey, 6' 245
If this were to happen I'd be giddy
HowEver- after finally getting a chance to see Toby pound the rock & beat a top 10 team almost singlehandedly, at least in my mind he has moved himself up into the first round. With the Texans issues @ RB even I have to finally admit this has to be addressed early. I would take similar pathway as the Cushing pick last draft, just that this time its on the offensive side & no I don't want to bring in Larry Johnson (who may or may not save you a top pick).
Toby is a playmaking stud powerback without fumbling issues, is an excellent blocker, high charcter & excellent teammate. Above all he is a football player just like Cushing & nobody is bashing that pick anymore