View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009   #32
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Half-Season Texans Mock/Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I am addressing your post and also Awtest. First each year since he has been here the coach as noted "you can't have enough cornerbacks." While I disagree with Awtest and think DR will be here next year, if he is gone it leaves a possible gaping hole in a priority position. Reeves has done better than most have expected and should continue to hold down one side. Is he a #1 CB? If Dunta leaves, Jacques better be. Quinn is looking good also, but as many have posted, he is only a few games from being a possible Bennett. Moulds has basically ridden the injury train & I expect nothing from him.

I think to a certain extent, Smith used the drafting of Quinn and a very fast McCain against DR before this season. Just a gentle reminder, Smith was ok moving on. This year little has changed other than DR is one year older and that does not help his demand for a long term deal. If Smith drops the tag on him again, which I expect, results will be the same. Now Dunta will have a season behind him to show other teams he is healthy and if some one wants to give up picks or work a trade, I'll be slap dab giddy.
Goatcheese, I think you are misreading the teams needs.

OG: Kubes is vocal that Studdard is coming along well. Other posters who do all the post game review for MB seem to agree his play is much better. Also many have stated Caldwell will be hard to remove as a starter on the right side. Even Winston made a comment this week on his radio show, that early on he or Duane Brown would be caught out of position supporting the guard replacements. He went on to say that no longer happens and that was in his opinion why Oline was doing better. On my board, I currently have two guards drafting but not until 4th and 5th rounds. Guards are rarely selected in first and this year's crop of tackles that can play guard is pretty deep.

Center: while many posters are upset with Myers, Kubes does not. Caldwell did not beat out the back up at center Chris White. Not saying he will not next season.

SS: Have you been watching Pollard? Now if you want to designate free safety as a need, I'm with you. Even for that position Wilson has made great strides since healing from injury.
OG/OC: They're not embarrassing themselves anymore, but when you have 2 losses in 8 games because you couldn't pick up 1 yard, they're a problem. Improving the interior line is easily the most important thing the Texans could do this coming spring. It will improve the running and passing offense.

SS: Pollard is terrible in coverage. I mean really bad. Yeah, he plays the run well and lays the wood, but a safety is first and foremost a DB, not an undersized linebacker.

FS: Wilson is the exact opposite of Pollard. He is good in coverage, but can't tackle to save his life. If you could somehow cram them both into one body you would have a really good safety. Unfortunately you can't, and I'd much rather have a safety that can only cover than one that can only tackle.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote