View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009   #22
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill Simmons says Jeff Fisher sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_NC View Post
I used to really like his columns, then the Super Bowl in Houston happened and he absolutely bagged on Houston. Complained and said how it sucked and ever since then I've been not so into his stuff as much. He loves his East Coast and beyond that everyone else seems to suck.
I still enjoy his stuff but he hits on Houston pretty hard. As for Schaub and his noodle arm, at some point the media will pay attention to what our team is doing now versus what has happened in the past. Until we make some real waves that will never happen.

He did bag on Houston about the SB but then came back and said Houston was great for the All-Star game. I don't mind that they ragged on Houston for the SB. It was a first class event but many of the writers, including him, were put in hotels 30-45 minutes from downtown...well distance not that far, but with traffic they were. If you came into town and were stuck half the time, etc you might not have a great impression. I used to think the palce was a dump when I visited friends and drove in off 45.

He constantly talks about how Daryly Morey, a friend of his, is a genius and calls him Dork Elvis. He loves the Rockets and even has been on the Texans bandwagon before. I love Simmons stuff and think, despite his Boston talk, has been pretty good with the non-bias stuff...especially since he is a Clipper season ticket holder. I jusy wish he would mix it up with his current event talk and stop so much NBA talk. He can cut back on podcasts and do more columns again too.