View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Half-Season Texans Mock/Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think this draft will follow last one in no takers for a trade down scenario. Don't know your guys but some thoughts; if Slaton and Moats keep fumbling under control (Moats has a history of TO also) why would Texans use a 2 for same type RB? I just do not see it. If that was there thoughts, I'd rather use the 1st on CJ Spiller as I see him falling a bit even if he remains in Heisman contention. Also, if OD is not on team and you just might be right do we wait until 6th? I am still out on Dreesen and Casey. TE plays a huge role in this offense and I could see a higher pick for a TE who can catch and block.
Devine is a blur the Texans don't have anything like him, speed kills just look @ what Chris Johnson, DeSean Jackson or Percy Harvin have done in their young careers-

Edds would start @ WILL completing the best LB tandem in the NFL.

Kareem Jackson has a nose for the football plays with sound technique similar to Malcolm Jenkins taken 1st rd. ahead of Cushing in last years draft.

Walton has the game to beat out Myers in training camp/pre-season.

Quote:
A three-year starter that transferred from Arizona State. Has done both the shotgun snap in the spread and conventional snap to the quarterback under center. Position/wall off type blocker. Creates inside running lanes by turning the down defender. Solid on the block back or "choke" block. Plays on his feet. Good agility and balance in close quarters. Plays with a good base and works to finish his blocks. Will drop his head at times in pass protection but generally slides and adjusts his mirror to wall off defender. Good hand quickness to lock out and position hands on the breast plate and get push on his target. Strong and crafty, but needs to be more consistent with his ability to recover and anchor in pass protection.
The rest are developmental/depth who address needs

Last edited by beerlover; 11-05-2009 at 02:27 AM. Reason: add more as time allows
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote