View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Half-Season Texans Mock/Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
The thing is, I dont see the ZBS staying. I have not been seeing any improvement in the running game. If anything, it has regressed (aside from the random exceptions).
I am not sold on the ZBS either although Slaton ran well in it last year. The Oline seems to be improving from what others say so expect Kubes to stick with it. Historically, I have favored the straight approach of trying to blow the dline back with big strong Oline and a strong power runner. An occasional play by a half back on a slant or draw play but move the pile type of a running game. Your guard would be excellent in that offense but we would need a big strong RB (Gerhart?). The ZBS is a Kubiac philosophy as was the "run to set up the pass". We saw how long it took for him to change the latter & I expect the same of the ZBS. To be fair, ZBS did move the ball between the 20s.