Originally Posted by badboy
Cost too much to trade up to top 10 maybe top 5 for guys you list.
1. Your OG while fast for 330lbs is too big and too many good guards & tackle converts to use up a first. Studdard is coming on strong and Myers and Caldwell will start remainder of this season. I think Myers and Caldwell may switch positions but Kubes really likes Myers at center.
2. Gerhart I had at #2 also, but if Moats is the real deal and Kubes does not get him killed being "set up the pass with the run" guy, we will see Moats/Slaton/Brown next year.
3. Your going to draft a SS when Pollard has revitalized your D? He is only 25.
4. I like your CB but I'm not taking a corner here.
5A. Two SS? Maybe one here if Ferguson & Barber are cut.
5B. I like a big nasty here but if you sign one in free agency? Also, if our lighter DTs continue to do well, forget Kubes signing or drafting a big boy. In fact Okam will prob be gone.
I have to change my board as Texans keep winning and we keep dropping in the draft order. LOL
Picking at # 19
1. Haden CB I think Dunta will be on roster either another tag or he will get a long term deal with both Smith and DE compromising. Reeves will be the other starter. Quinn is good and I'd move him to FS next year but I don't think Gary will. He does like CBs and a 1st round may help DR to sign. If DR is signed for only one more year, you have either Quinn or Haden to replace him.
2. Gerhart RB is still my favorite & I have him to replace C. Brown. At 6'1" 235 with 5.5 WR speed, he is too good to turn down regardless of how Moats/Slaton do. I do not repeat do not think Smith will go RB.
3. Jerome Murphy S. FLorida 6'1" CB/FS/KR with 4.48 speed is my FS if Quinn stays at corner. Wilson may last another year.
4. Thomas Austin OG/C/OT Clemson 6'3" 310lbs 5.16 "good feet & sets like an anchor". Will be a Caldwell type and may beat Brisiel out. First off the bench.
5A. Eric Olsen C/LG/OT Notre Dame 6'4" 305lbs 5.26. Started 12 g at LG & moved to C this year. May be gone by this pick. He will be solid.
5b. Tyler Sash SS Iowa 6'1" 210 A fellow poster turned me on to this guy and he blows me away. 5 INTs last year and 5 so far (before Saturday's win over Indiana. He had at least one INT a return for 86 yds and 6 points).
1) Too big? 330 is not that much larger than the average, if I remember correctly. 6'5" is a little tall, I could see that being a problem. I like Caldwell and Studdard, but I still think a more powerful OG would help the run game immensely. Brown-Studdard-Calwell-Iupati-Winston is the line I am feeling.
2) I also dont think Smithiak will go for a RB, especially this early. I hope they do though. Moats looked good, but it was against the Bills, who doesn't look good against them?
3) Yep, even with Pollard I am looking at a SS. We thought we has a SS before with Will Demps, that did not turn out so well. Even so, a backup SS would be useful. It is late 3rd round, I am looking for depth and potential here now.
4) Fair enough, looking at your draft. I will get to yours.
5) I am becoming a big fan of McCarthy. He is instinctive and knows the position. He would be great depth and special teams. I could see your point, we would have quite a few SS. I would probably pick another position in round 3 if it came down to it. Sash is legit, again, I will get back to your draft.
5) Yep, another DT. We traded away TJ. Zgonia is old. Okam is unproven. Another DT would not hurt.
On to your draft:
1) Love the Haden pick. I would pick him, but I think he goes before the Texans pick. He is definitely ahead of Iupati on my board.
3) I dont know enough about Murphy, but you picked a first round corner. If DR is kept, Quinn could move to FS. I dont have a problem with this pick though. Depth is always good, and here at the bottom of the third a starter wont get picked.
4) Austin is a popular pick here, I had him in earlier versions. He became expendable in my draft because of Iupati. If the draft is going down your way, I would be ecstatic about the pick.
5a) I would be perfectly fine with Olsen. Depth at every OLine spot, this is good.
5b) Sash is coming on strong. He is alot like McCarthy, either one of them I would be happy with the team picking.