View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009   #12
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill Simmons says Jeff Fisher sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
So he has had six .500 seasons? Wow! As a Texans fan I know exactly what .500 will get you: jack sh*t. It really is no better than a losing season. I stick to what I said before: Fisher is a good but not great coach.
True, but it shows how careful choice or wording can change things.

Saying a coach has "six winning seasons and four losing seasons" -- or saying he has more winning seasons than losing seasons -- sounds a lot better than "6 winning seasons in 16 years," even though it's the same thing. In any event, there's nothing elite about his resume here other than longevity with one franchise.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote