View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009   #49
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: This week's least surprising news - Bud name Vince Starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
I know I am stepping out there with this one. Perhaps it will never happen. It is not inevitable by any means. But I remember watching him throw the ball in college, and his accuracy was excellent. In fact, he finished his senior season with the #3 passer rating in the NCAA. And he had been #1 for most of the later part of the season - he just fell a couple spots after the last game.
That's your issue, right there. QB in the NFL is 90% between the ears and who's surrounding you. Even QBs that are very low on the physical scale can have success in the NFL if they have it together upstairs (see Chad Pennington). It's only about 10% physical, if that, when you consider that every other NFL QB can do most of the same things you can, physically. The divide is not so great in the NFL as it is in college. VY will never be a great NFL QB. He just doesn't have what it takes.

And I hope the Tacks waste this year not realizing that, and then start him next year.