View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009   #186
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Titans are 0-6 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I agree that he shouldn't have done it, but I don't see it as anything that should lead him to getting fired. I just think some people need to realize that its just a game and he was simply having fun and setting the mood at what they wanted to be a fun event. I'm not calling you out, BA, but a lot of Titans fans seem ready to pull trigger after these past six weeks and now this.
Many folks say "it's just a game", which it is at it's core, but it's also a multi-billion dollar industry and part of professional sports which is the 6th largest industry in our economy.

While I can laugh at the Titans current plight, I wouldn't be happy to see our HC doing such a stunt during an 0-6 start and after a 59-0 ass kicking. Heck, by that point in the Texans 2-14 season, pink soap avatars were taking over and the "Fire Capers Club" was in full force. Titans fans are facing a bigger disappointment after a 13-3 season and a playoff appearance. That's a helluva' long fall.

I still don't understand one thing about the incident: what does wearing a division rival's jersey have to do with a charity event? He could have introduced Dungy without all this clown stuff, and to be honest, it's pandering to an audience in an act that can be perceived as betrayal, disrespect, and ridicule by some fans and players.