View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009   #185
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Titans are 0-6 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I 100% agree with this. If you are upset with someone about something, their jokes (no matter how funny) just aren't funny.

Titans fans aren't liking him right now and to do that right now looks like he is either asking to be fired or just stopped caring. Maybe that is not the case but it is the impression it gives.

What a bizarre season for that franchise.
I take the other approach to all of this: This is no big deal.

Is he supposed to go into deep depression and wear a black arm band, and mourn this bad season? To me, he's showing that he's above the game.

He's saying that his life in football is beyond (a) being the Titans' head coach, and (b) having fun only if he's winning. If anything, he made me respect him for having the ability to relax a little.

Plus, he and the Colts are goooood buddies. One team laid down for the other in the last regular season game...easily ensuring a playoff spot instead of trying to make them earn it the hard way.

IIRC, the Braves were also involved in a lay-down game with some other team which screwed the Astros from a playoff spot.