Originally Posted by Wolf6151
1. Joe Haden, no argument here great choice.
2. Toby Gerhart, You've got an obvious man crush going on here. I disagree with RB being a high priority and would like to see the Texans take the best available OG here. Fix the O-line and the running game will come around. My pick is Mike Johnson-Alabama or Sergio Render-VT.
3. Myron Rolle, this pick is very dependent on how he does at the combine next year but a good choice. Low risk, high reward.
4. Thomas Austin, good pick and excellent value if he's still around in the 4th round. Great position picked as well, we'll need multiple O-line picks next year.
5. Kyle McCarthy, I don't know anything about this guy though I like the position choice. My pick would be Kam Chancellor, Jordan Lake, or Nate Allen if he falls a little.
5. DeMarcus Granger, I like the position you chose but don't think that Granger will fall this far. I also question the weight he's listed at, another site has him listed at 303 lbs. Not sure who I'd pick here, maybe Al Woods or Dan Williams.
6. Jared Veldheer, I don't know anything about him but I like the position you chose, we need depth at OT.
7. Todd Reesing, way to short and a 7th round QB stands a snowballs chance in hell of ever playing in the NFL. My choice would be Zoltan Mesko-P, he'd be much younger and cheaper than Turk and would make the team thus not wasting a 7th round pick. Also how many chances are you going to get to draft a guy named Zoltan.
Thank you for the response.
2) Yes, I readily admit to the man crush. I think Gerhart can become an elite power back. And while the o-line is weak, I dont think it is all to blame. Last year (with the same line) the Texans had a solid (16th?) rushing attack. While that is hardly amazing, it is acceptable due to the phenomenal passing offense. I think a goaline back should be a priority, as the Texans have not been good in that area.
5) McCarthy has really impressed me this year. I dont know if he has starting ability, but he would at least be a capable backup and special teams player. Chancellor I was high on earlier in the season, but he has not helped himself. I think he is suspect in coverage, and that is not what I want in a safety. Allen or Lake I would not have a problem with.
5) Granger should be there in the 5th. He is not a spectacular player, and he plays on a very good defense. Both of those will hurt his draft stock. The weight I do not know about. I got it from CBSSportsline, and from watching Oklahoma's games, it does not seem too unlikely. I would definitely put him over 315.
7) I like Reesing. He is short, but he has a good arm, good intelligence and good mobility. Those three things are essential to this offense. Yea, he is short. That is why he is a 7th rounder.