View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009   #19
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Quarter Texans Mock Draft

My first wish is to trade up for Suh, Berry or Mays, in that order. If that could not happen, a trade down to get some more picks. I am also hoping the FO signs a veteran DT. For the purpose of this mock, there is no trading. However, the Texans do sign a startable DT.

1) Florida CB Joe Haden, 5’11” 190
Haden will be an immediate upgrade to this defense. He has the speed and ball skills necessary to be a good corner in this league for a long time. He would provide an impact immediately, even if it only is at the nickel spot. My main concern is that he is not a wrap up tackler.

2) Stanford RB Toby Gerhart, 6’1” 235
You all know I am a fan of Gerhart, notably because of his power, and the fact that he is very consistent. After seeing the team fail time and time again in short yardage situations, power back is a priority.

3) Florida State SS Myron Rolle, 6’2” 223
Rolle took a year off from football to further his education. This will hurt his stock, and make some team very happy next April. Rolle has all the attributes to make him a starting safety.

4) Clemson OG Thomas Austin, 6’3” 310
Austin is my favorite interior lineman on the board at this point. He has experience playing the C as well.

5) Notre Dame S Kyle McCarthy, 6’ 210
McCarthy plays SS at Notre Dame, but he has been a ball hawk all year. He is a very solid tackler, and a blue collar work ethic kind of guy.

5) Oklahoma DT DeMarcus Granger, 6’2” 327
Granger is a hard player to place. He plays next to one of the best DTs in college, so that makes him look better. However, he is a monster that is very strong at the point of attack. Granger has the potential to be a dominant run stopper. He suffered a pretty bad injury last year, it should be looked at.

6) Hillsdale OT Jared Veldheer, 6’8” 321
An athletic freak that has been dominating D2. Definitely a project pick, but with a very high ceiling.

7) Kansas QB Todd Reesing, 5’10” 205
I know, he is too small. He throws a pretty ball though, and posses above average mobility. I think he can be groomed for a couple years. Hopefully Grossman gets the axe after this.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote