Originally Posted by rmartin65
I know this is early, but I dont feel like doing my Russian homework right now.
This mock draft/wish list does take early entry players into account. I think the Texans will be picking around slot 10, and here. we. go.
1) Florida CB Joe Haden, 5'11" 190
This is a terrible spot to be in. I dont really like any of the players available here, that are really worth the 10th pick. The elite talent should be gone by now. I settled on Haden because the Texans have an atrocious defensive backfield. Haden has the athleticism to make plays at the next level.
2) Duke DT Vince Oghobaase, 6'5" 305
Oghobaase has first round talent, but will fall because he plays for Duke, and he needs some technique work. He could be the run stuffer this team needs.
3) Stanford RB Toby Gerhart, 6'1" 235
Gerhart may be my favorite player in the draft, and he is easily my favorite RB for the Texans. He might not last this long, but I am hoping that his pedestrian forty time will drop him. make no mistake though, Gerhart can ball. He has the size, underrated speed and the confidence you want to see from starters. I urge you all to get on the bandwagon now. Do it.
4) Auburn OG Thomas Austin, 6'3" 310
I am really impressed with Austin. I did not have him rated to highly in the pre-season, but he is looking dominant this season. He would be a backup for 2 years, maybe able to start by the third.
5) Baylor FS Jordan Lake, 6'1" 215
5) Florida Atlantic QB Rusty Smith, 6'5" 230
6) Murray State DE Austin Lane, 6'6" 258
7) Oklahoma OLB Keenan Clayton, 6'1" 221 lbs
The sizes are off of CBS Sportsline.
1. Joe Haden, good pick him or Trevard Lindley whoever tests out and plays better. Dunta will probably be gone and CB should be our top priority.
2. Vince Oghobaase, good player, I do like him but I'd rather the Texans try to address DT in FA. Our track record of picking DT's in the draft sucks. If Reshad Jones-SS is still available pick him, if not then I'd rather go O-line here Mike Johnson-OG or Sergio Render-OG.
3. Toby Gerhart, ehhhhh pick, I've seen the films and we've got bigger holes to fill than backup RB. Myron Rolle-SS would be my pick here if we didn't get Reshad Jones in the 2nd.
4. Thomas Austin, good pick and value at this point. I like his size and picked him a month ago in an incredibly early mock. He goes to Clemson though not Auburn.
5. Jordan Lake, good pick no arguments here.
5. Rusty Smith, I don't know anything about him but I don't see it as a current need. We'll probably trade Grossman just prior to the draft and keep Orlovsky for another year. Al Woods-DT would be my choice.
6. Austin Lane, I don't know anything about this guy but why would we pick up a DE here when we just picked up Antonio Smith and Connor Barwin. I'd go for depth at OT here, Ed Wang-OT from VT.
7. Keenan Clayton, don't know anything about him and in the 7th round it really doesn't matter they stand little chance of making the team or practice squad, we've got quality and depth at LB so I'd take Zoltan Mesko-P from Michigan. Mesko would be much cheaper and younger than Turk.