View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Quarter Texans Mock Draft

What I like about Thomas Austin is he is solid at G but I'd look at him for center. Will not say Caldwell is a bust but the way his fans vociferously touted him as a day 1 starter that would blow Myers and White away...well has not worked out their way. Austin at 6'3" is not too tall to cause line of vision problems for our QBs and he is heavier than our first two centers and same as Caldwell. His 5.16 suggests good upfield burst but I realize not that important for linemen. I am not surprised by Caldwell not starting but am surprised he is not pushing the leaders. Our front line could do with an upgrade or at least have more sound backups.

In the 5th round with the San Diego pick received for TJ I look at Eric Olsen who started 12 games at LG for N.Dame. He is center now but his 6'4" 305 lb 5.26 has me projecting him to Pitts spot. I may be wrong that TJ will do enough to upgrade from 6th round.