View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
So in other words it will be time to panic, unless of course someone else has a different interpretation of "serious changes in the coaching staff"? Anybody? Anybody?
Looks like the guy cutting the checks isn't ready to panic. He comes off as quite comfortable with his 5 year plan.

Quote:
McNair understands, but don't expect him to lean on the panic button. That's not his nature. He believes his club is better than it was a year ago; he just wants to see how much better.

"I think the results will speak for themselves," McNair said. "Will I be disappointed if we don't make the playoffs? Yes I will be disappointed. But there's no sense of urgency because there are factors that can enter into it that could be the reason for not having a better year. There are always some things you can't control.

"I said all along it will take us four or five years before we would be the kind of club that could go out on the field and compete with anyone and feel like we had just as good a chance of winning the game. And I still feel that way. I have very high standards, but as long as I'm making satisfactory progress I know the results will catch up."

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote